The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Photos of PDP-11s running Unix
@ 2011-08-25 23:24 Warren Toomey
From: Warren Toomey @ 2011-08-25 23:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,
	As part of my IEEE Spectrum article on 40 years since 1st Edition
Unix, I've been asked for some suitable imagery/photos. Has anybody brought
1st Edition up on a real PDP-11/20, and if so, could they take some photos
of the system?

I think they would even be happy with photos of PDP-11s running V6 or V7.

Anything that you can supply would be great - there is not a lot of
photos from the early days of Unix.

Thanks in advance,
	Warren

* [TUHS] Photos of PDP-11s running Unix
@ 2011-09-01 10:32 ` Cyrille Lefevre
From: Cyrille Lefevre @ 2011-09-01 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le 26/08/2011 01:24, Warren Toomey a écrit :
> Hi all,
> 	As part of my IEEE Spectrum article on 40 years since 1st Edition
> Unix, I've been asked for some suitable imagery/photos. Has anybody brought
> 1st Edition up on a real PDP-11/20, and if so, could they take some photos
> of the system?
>
> I think they would even be happy with photos of PDP-11s running V6 or V7.
>
> Anything that you can supply would be great - there is not a lot of
> photos from the early days of Unix.

much better than this, from the tuhs ml...

so, if you'll have a wifi connection, you may even make a demo ! :-)

Le 01/05/2011 20:38, Jason Stevens a écrit :

 > I thought you guys may enjoy this...
 >
 > http://aiju.de/code/pdp11/
 >
 > It's a PDP-11 with a teletype console, and a RK05 with Unix v6.
 >
 > Because browsers are weird, here is some of the keycommands...
 >

 > DEL is the interrupt key (^C on modern *nix), Pause the quit key (^\
 > or ^L) and PrtScr is EOF (^D).
 >
 > Jason

Regards,

Cyrille Lefevre