Thanks for asking Ori, I was just working up the courage to express my ignorance On July 1, 2022 6:05:30 AM PDT, Ori Idan wrote: >On Thu, Jun 30, 2022 at 7:38 PM Paul Winalski >wrote: > >> >> o why a memory access violation is reported as "segmentation fault" or >> "bus error", and the difference between the two >> >> o why CTRL/D is used to end a shell command line session > >I am not sure I know that, I'd be happy to know. > >> > > >> o why CTRL/S and CTRL/Q are used for flow control in a shell command >> line session >> >Also would be happy to know. > > >> >> o why an application memory dump after an application crash is called >> a core file >> >> -Paul W. >>