The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Reviving the Research Unix speak(6) program
@ 2021-01-02 15:44 Diomidis Spinellis
From: Diomidis Spinellis @ 2021-01-02 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: TUHS main list

Happy new year to all!

Over the holidays I found some time to port the recovered version of
speak(6) to modern Unix systems and make its output compatible with the
espeak system.  The resulting sound is barely intelligible.  I assume
this is due to the imperfect matching between the speak and espeak
phonemes.  The process's details are available at
https://www.spinellis.gr/blog/20210102#tu and the code at
https://github.com/dspinellis/speak.

Diomidis

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-01-02 15:52 UTC | newest]