On 26.02.2022 22:45, Brian Walden wrote: > [...] Sometimes you could find an early version of the > Bourne shell in /bin/nsh (new shell) in v6. The 7th edition release of the Bourne shell contains a char version[] = "\nVERSION sys137 DATE 1978 Nov 6 14:29:22\n" in msg.c which was unfortunately not used, remained unchanged in descendants, and got removed with SVR2. I often wondered about the versions bevore "sys137". I thought they were just lost. So Brian's remark got my attention. I haven't found anything in the 6th ed variants I found in TUHS UNIX Archive. Does anybody know how to find a Bourne shell before 7th ed? Thanks and Cheers Sven