The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Mine's older than yours
@ 2002-09-01  2:51 Norman Wilson
From: Norman Wilson @ 2002-09-01  2:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Larry McVoy:

  which had a color (!) monitor and a built in printer.  If someone had one
  of these, I'd like it just for old time's sake...

Well, my first computer was a Cardiac.  I'm glad to say that I managed
to grab one from Classic Computing a few years ago, but I don't think
they have any left.  If anyone knows of a source, I'd be interested to
hear about it; every now and then I mention Cardiac to someone who hasn't
heard of it, and they'd like to know where to get one.

I still think Cardiac should be a required tool in freshman programming
courses.

Norman Wilson
Toronto ON

* [TUHS] Mine's older than yours
@ 2002-09-01 23:50 ` John Foust
From: John Foust @ 2002-09-01 23:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 10:51 PM 8/31/2002 -0400, Norman Wilson wrote:
>Larry McVoy:

>  which had a color (!) monitor and a built in printer.  If someone had one
>  of these, I'd like it just for old time's sake...
>
>Well, my first computer was a Cardiac.

might be a good source.  They rescue a fair number of PDP, too.

- John