Did svr2 have anything similar to modern behavior when handling the delete/backspace key where the character is deleted from the input and rubbed out? The default, like in v6/v7 for erase and kill is # and @. I can live with this, if I can't get it to do the rubout, because at least you can see the # in the input, but if I can figure out how to get it to rubout the last character, I'd map erase to DEL, which I believe to be ^U (but since it's invisible, it's confusing when it doesn't rubout). Will