I'm a little flummoxed in trying to move some directories around in svr2. Shouldn't the following work?     mkdir a     mkdir b     mv a b I get the following error: mv: b exists I tried many of the possible variants including: mv a b/ mv: b/ exists mv a b/a mv: directory rename only cd b mv ../a . mv: . exists mv ../a ./ mv: ./ exists mv ../a ./a mv: directory rename only If moving directories into existing directories wasn't allowed in those days, 1) how were directories managed? and 2) when did moving directories into directories become a thing?