The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: patbarron@acm.org (Pat Barron)
Subject: [TUHS] Claim your early Unix contributions on GitHub
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2016 17:52:35 -0400	[thread overview]

On 3/31/2016 5:06 PM, Clem Cole wrote:
> I've rehashed this here before... I'd really like to put this to bed
> (Dioxides Spinellis -- it would be great if you could put this some
> where in you files so it does not get lost).
>

> I'll restate the history of fsck for my friend and one time lab
> partner, Ted Kowalski - aka research!frodo or frodo at ece.cmu.edu
> <mailto:frodo at ece.cmu.edu> as Ted passed a few years ago and can not
> do this for himself.
>
> [...]

This is really great - thanks from me on this, also!

I missed all of this at CMU by several years.  By the time I got there,
dvk was at the Software Engineering Institute (which is where I was, so
that's how I met him), and as far as I am aware, the PDP-11's were
mostly long gone, except for a few that were used as routers (I had an
11/34a that we used as our router from the SEI building back to Wean Hall).

Sort of a bummer I missed out on a lot of the fun.  ;-)  I think the
only thing interesting I did while I was there, Unix-wise, was getting
the 4.3BSD DEQNA driver working with the DELQA - I gave those changes
for a few people elsewhere that asked for them, but I can't even find
them myself anymore....

--Pat.