Marc Rochkind wrote: > BSD is the new kind on the block. I don't think it came along until 1977 or > so. Research UNIX I don't think picked up SCCS ever. SCCS first appeared in > the PWB releases, if you don't count the earlier version in SNOBOL4 for the > IBM mainframes. I guess that SCCSv3 with binary history files (used before 1977) was written in C already, correct? I have never been able to find any SCCS sources that predate the conversion to text history files in 1977. So I guess that before 1977, SCCS was only used internally at AT&T. Jörg -- EMail:joerg at schily.net (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin js at cs.tu-berlin.de (uni) joerg.schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/ URL: http://cdrecord.org/private/ http://sourceforge.net/projects/schilytools/files/