It's been done.  Anders Magnusson has done quite a bit to port pcc and add both ANSI and selected GCC features. He's at ragge at ludd.ltu.se There is a newsgroup too:  pcc-list at ludd.ltu.se As I recall, at one point he did a head-to-head with gcc.  pcc produced 3% worse code and was 100x faster, I think, but that may just be my faulty memory... Steve ----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy Valencia" It seems like an obvious project would be to adapt a newer pcc with ANSI C support of some sort. Has this already been done? I'll take a look if not. Thanks, Andy Valencia -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: