Wesley Parish wrote: > I suppose that set of rumours will lead to people shifting to the FOSS versions > of Solaris and SPARC. I would be happy if we had a commonly accepted OSS line for OpenSolaris development. The current problem is that the payers in that game all have commercial interests and removed many parts from the sources that they believe are not needed anymore. Another problem is that the closed source i18n parts of libc in Illumos have been replaced by a FreeBSD implementation version that is not POSIX compliant. So for today, there is development but only in order to meet particular interests. Jörg -- EMail:joerg at schily.net (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin joerg.schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/ URL: http://cdrecord.org/private/ http://sourceforge.net/projects/schilytools/files/