Mary Ann Horton wrote: > I*'m not sure what you mean by CB3, but these features (shared memory, > semaphores, IPC) were added to CB-UNIX (Bell Labs, Columbus) precisely > because they were needed in real time telco systems and not preset in > the versions from New Jersey. This would have been in the early 1980s. > When I got there in 1981 I think CB-UNIX was already well established > and had these features. (These would show up, ironically, in /usr/ucb, > which did not stand for Berkeley.) Wasn't shmget() and friends added vor SysV past 1982? Jörg -- EMail:joerg at schily.net (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin joerg.schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/ URL: http://cdrecord.org/private/ http://sourceforge.net/projects/schilytools/files/