Larry McVoy wrote: > Linus had the qualities of being a good programmer, a good architect, > and a good manager. I've never seen all 3 in a person before or since. My memory is different. He claims that his intention is to keep kernel/userspace interfaces stable, but given the fact that this did never happen, I tend to believe that he lacks the understanding on what all is part of the kernel/userspace interface. He also send me a 10 line patch for cdrtools in 2004 and I did never get a worse patch (a patch that includes more new bugs) for my software. So I cannot confirm your view. He is a person with a strong ego and this may have helped to spread Linux. Jörg -- EMail:joerg at schily.net (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin joerg.schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/ URL: http://cdrecord.org/private/ http://sourceforge.net/projects/schilytools/files/