The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: U'll Be King of the Stars <ullbeking@andrewnesbit.org>
To: "Álvaro Jurado" <elbingmiss@gmail.com>,
	"The Eunuchs Historic Society" <tuhs@tuhs.org>
Subject: Re: [TUHS] Distributed systems, was: On the origins of Linux - "an academic question"
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 17:05:30 +0000	[thread overview]

On 18/01/2020 11:55, Álvaro Jurado wrote:
> IBM Watson is not that concept?

I don't want to go too off topic but out of all the cloud computing
providers I think that IBM Cloud is the nicest in terms of its interface
and functionality.

Does anybody else think the same?

I'm considering investing more of my time and resources into learning
about it.  It certainly has the most interesting ecosystem.  It doesn't
make me feel bombarded with information overload in the same way that
AWS does[1].

Nevertheless I think it's useful to have at least one AWS EC2 machine if
you're working professionally in the field of cloud computing and to
know one's way around the UI.  It is, after all, the industry standard
reference platform in this field.

Andrew

[1] https://www.lastweekinaws.com is the saving grace that makes the
complicated AWS ecosystem understandable to me.
--
OpenPGP key: EB28 0338 28B7 19DA DAB0  B193 D21D 996E 883B E5B9