The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* Re: [TUHS] Usenix: no official Unix 50th celebration, (yet)
@ 2018-12-26 22:59 Norman Wilson
From: Norman Wilson @ 2018-12-26 22:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs

  I thought I read a different email saying that there will be a track
  about the 50th anniversary. But cannot find any details or reference to
  it now.

  Does anyone have information about Unix 50th celebration(s)?

  Is it time for paper submissions? ...

====

If you mean for the 2019 USENIX Annual Technical Conference,
the CFP is

https://www.usenix.org/conference/atc19/call-for-papers

The submission deadline is about three weeks away, on
2019-01-10.

I see nothing explicit about a UNIX 50th celebration, alas.

At least one program-committee member is on this list; perhaps
more information will appear.  Or there's a contact address
for the program co-chairs on the web page cited above.

Norman Wilson
Toronto ON

* Re: [TUHS] Usenix: no official Unix 50th celebration, (yet)
@ 2018-12-27  1:16 ` Clem cole
From: Clem cole @ 2018-12-27  1:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Norman Wilson; +Cc: tuhs

Thanks. That’s partly right - the track is a room usenix is providing but they are not sponsoring a larger party. We are taking submissions  and have been for a bit.   But we are working the living computer history folks in Seattle and are trying to do something larger at their site during one night of ATC.

  I’m not near a real computer for abit.   I’ll send a more detailed message hopefully tomorrow I have better connectivity.   Clem

Sent from my PDP-7 Running UNIX V0 expect things to be almost but not quite.

@ 2018-12-26 21:49   ` reed
From: reed @ 2018-12-26 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Eunuchs Hysterical Society

@ 2018-08-31 21:47 ` Clem Cole