The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] The Unix Game
@ 2019-10-15 12:55 Diomidis Spinellis
From: Diomidis Spinellis @ 2019-10-15 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: TUHS main list

The game at https://www.unixgame.io/unix50 has you solve challenges by
arranging Scratch-like blocks into shell pipelines.  Neat!

Diomidis

* Re: [TUHS] The Unix Game
@ 2019-10-16  6:36 ` Pontus Pihlgren
From: Pontus Pihlgren @ 2019-10-16  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Diomidis Spinellis; +Cc: TUHS main list

On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 03:55:25PM +0300, Diomidis Spinellis wrote:
> The game at https://www.unixgame.io/unix50 has you solve challenges by
> arranging Scratch-like blocks into shell pipelines.  Neat!

This was fun! I've had it on my to-do list for years to make a tool like
this. If you include "tee" (and I guess any command line tool) it could
be quite interesting.

With a preview function at each pipe it could be pretty useful too.

But I'm digressing from the topic of this mailing list, sorry.

/P