The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Anybody recognise this Unix editor?
@ 2011-01-20  6:11 arnold
From: arnold @ 2011-01-20  6:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Could it be the Rand Editor?  I think it was usually invoked as 'e'.

Arnoldd

* [TUHS] Anybody recognise this Unix editor?
@ 2011-01-20  4:44 Warren Toomey
From: Warren Toomey @ 2011-01-20  4:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

I thought I'd pop in another question here, given the good response we had
with #!

I first encountered Unix in 1982 at a summer school held by the University
of Wollongong in Australia. They had an modeless text editor installed,
and I have never been able to determine if this was a homegrown editor, or
an editor which was more widely distributed.

I've attached the first 2 pages of the editor's tutorial; the rest are
temporarily at http://minnie.tuhs.org/Z2/WollongongEdit/

Does anybody recognise this at all?

Many thanks in advance,
	Warren