The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] RIP Fernando Corbató
@ 2019-07-13  4:49 Dan Cross
From: Dan Cross @ 2019-07-13  4:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Eunuchs Hysterical Society, COFF, Stephen M. Jones

Tom Van Vleck just passed this on the Multics mailing list. Fernando
Corbató has passed away at 93.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/12/science/fernando-corbato-dead.html

Clem organized the wonderful Unix 50 event at the LCM two days ago, where
we saw a working 6180 front panel on display (backed by a virtual DPS-8m
running Multics!).

This is our heritage and our history, let us not forget where we came from.

        - Dan C.

* Re: [TUHS] RIP Fernando Corbató
@ 2019-07-13  9:00 ` Thomas Paulsen
From: Thomas Paulsen @ 2019-07-13  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Cross; +Cc: tuhs

one of the most important computer scientists passed away - a tragedy. RIP Corby.