On 1/20/20 12:40 PM, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote: > The normal reason why I'm starting subshells is because I need to control > various environment variables on an ad-hoc basis. It might be PYTHONPATH, > KRB5CCNAME, GPG_AGENT_INFO, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, or some combination of > the above. Back when I was regularly using Kerberos root/admin bits, I > had some hard-coded shell aliases to indicate explicitly I was in a shell > that was using my tytso/root@ATHENA.MIT.EDU or tytso/admin@ATHENA.MIT.EDU > kerberos tickets. If I'm understanding you correctly, you used a sub-shell with a modified / task / process specific environment. Correct? Thank you for sharing Theodore. -- Grant. . . . unix || die