The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] First C compiler outside Bell Labs?
@ 2021-04-15 11:19 Lars Brinkhoff
From: Lars Brinkhoff @ 2021-04-15 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs

Hello,

Which was the first C compiler written outside Bell Labs?

I have a candidate in mind.  Alan Snyder interned at Bell Labs in 1973.
Later at MIT, we wrote a C compiler for the PDP-10.  This would have
been 1974-1975.

* Re: [TUHS] First C compiler outside Bell Labs?
@ 2021-04-15 13:24 ` Clem Cole
From: Clem Cole @ 2021-04-15 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars Brinkhoff; +Cc: TUHS main list

I personally am not aware of another any earlier, so if you asked me that
is what I would have said.   I'd be curious if you discover an earlier one
and the story behind it.
ᐧ

@ 2021-04-15 13:29   ` M Douglas McIlroy
From: M Douglas McIlroy @ 2021-04-15 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)