On 6/23/24 4:15 PM, Stuff Received wrote: > My opinion is that the authors simply did not have access to other systems > or were not interested.  Sometimes, one finds a disclaimer to that effect. > I understand that but I am irked when they claim POSIX compliance. These are not at all the same. "POSIX compliance," from an application's perspective, means that the application behaves the way POSIX says it should for the behaviors POSIX standardizes. That doesn't have much to do with the author's implementation choices or whether or not the application runs on arbitrary systems. -- ``The lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne.'' - Chaucer ``Ars longa, vita brevis'' - Hippocrates Chet Ramey, UTech, CWRU chet@case.edu http://tiswww.cwru.edu/~chet/