On 12/24/21 9:27 AM, Will Senn wrote: > Ha! I'm curious by nature. I recently was sent a book that references > SVR2 and that is enough impetus for me to want to try it out 'for real' > :). Shiny object, for sure. /Chuckle/ I'm following suit for 4.4BSD as I've got The Design and Implementation of the 4.4BSD Operating System book (ISBN: 0-201-54979-4) on my desk. Sadly it seems as if 4.4BSD-Encumbered would be required to run it on a VAX emulator and 4.4BSD-Lite is apparently non-starter. I'm also wondering if 386BSD on a PC would be close enough. Though I think that it, and it's ilk, is based on 4.3BSD Net/2. I don't know what the effective differences will be. :-/ In some ways I sort of which I had picked up the 4.3BSD counterpart to the book. > Which is why I went looking for SVR2 s/SVR2/4.4BSD/ > I'm just a sucker for the closest experience I can get without driving > myself off the rails trying to get things working. #truth -- Grant. . . . unix || die