The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: Luther Johnson <luther@makerlisp.com>
To: tuhs@tuhs.org
Subject: [TUHS] Re: Burroughs funded $30,000 for a port to E-mode stack machine in 1983!
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 12:19:19 -0700	[thread overview]

Well, FPGAs use SRAM-based look-up tables to do their combinational
logic functions - so not that crazy - if it works and gives good enough
results for the task at hand, people will find ways of using the
technique. But I imagine there were a host of other things that weren't
done as well as possible that added up to 8 hours vs. 3 minutes.