The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] DR11-W - anyone need one?
@ 2017-07-05 11:34 Arthur Krewat
From: Arthur Krewat @ 2017-07-05 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Probably no one here wants it, but I have a DR11-W UNIBUS board:
http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/dec/unibus/DR11W_UsersMan.pdf

It's basically a 16-bit DMA interface that can actually do 500Kw per
second (woo hoo! 1MB/sec!) to another DR11-W

Anyone need it? Want it?

Figured I'd try here first, in case we had some historic UNIX people
that were still running a UNIBUS PDP-11 (or VAX).

No takers in a few weeks, I'll try the museums next.

thanks
art k.

* [TUHS] DR11-W - anyone need one?
@ 2017-07-05 22:11 ` Arthur Krewat
From: Arthur Krewat @ 2017-07-05 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

So only Noel and Clem have expressed an interest so far. It's free, BTW,
including shipping. I want it to go to a good home ;) It's still sealed
in it's anti-static wrap and comes with a (short) ribbon cable.

BTW, I also have a VT100 logic board that is marked as "brand new" by me
from about 20 years ago.

On 7/5/2017 7:34 AM, Arthur Krewat wrote:
> Probably no one here wants it, but I have a DR11-W UNIBUS board:
> http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/dec/unibus/DR11W_UsersMan.pdf
>
> It's basically a 16-bit DMA interface that can actually do 500Kw per
> second (woo hoo! 1MB/sec!) to another DR11-W
>
> Anyone need it? Want it?
>
> Figured I'd try here first, in case we had some historic UNIX people
> that were still running a UNIBUS PDP-11 (or VAX).
>
> No takers in a few weeks, I'll try the museums next.
>
> thanks
> art k.

* [TUHS] DR11-W - anyone need one?
@ 2017-07-05 22:44   ` Toby Thain
From: Toby Thain @ 2017-07-05 22:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2017-07-05 6:11 PM, Arthur Krewat wrote:
> So only Noel and Clem have expressed an interest so far. It's free, BTW,
> including shipping. I want it to go to a good home ;)

Not sure I understand this message. It's a free item -- so you can't be
waiting for a better offer. Are we to infer that neither Noel and Clem
are "good homes"?

 > It's still sealed
> in it's anti-static wrap and comes with a (short) ribbon cable.

* [TUHS] VT100 logic board - was Re:  DR11-W - anyone need one?
@ 2017-07-06 16:02     ` Arthur Krewat
From: Arthur Krewat @ 2017-07-06 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Anyone need a VT100 logic board?

@ 2017-07-06 16:32       ` Arthur Krewat
From: Arthur Krewat @ 2017-07-06 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

VT100 logic board spoken for, thanks for playing.

@ 2017-07-05 23:12 ` Clem cole
From: Clem cole @ 2017-07-05 23:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ditto.  It would be handy to have in my kit but I have not immediate need

Sent from my PDP-7 Running UNIX V0 expect things to be almost but not quite.

On Jul 5, 2017, at 6:56 PM, Noel Chiappa <jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu> wrote:

>> From: Toby Thain
>
>> Are we to infer that neither Noel and Clem are "good homes"?
>
> Well, I said something like 'I don't have an immediate need for it, but I'd
> be happy to take it', so I guess the question is 'does someone have an
> actual, immediate use for it' (which I don't)?
>
>    Noel

* [TUHS] DR11-W - anyone need one?
@ 2017-07-05 22:56 Noel Chiappa
From: Noel Chiappa @ 2017-07-05 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)