The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Happy birthday, Maurice Wilkes!
@ 2018-06-26  2:00 Dave Horsfall
From: Dave Horsfall @ 2018-06-26  2:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Eunuchs Hysterical Society

As I continue to push the boundaries of subjective topicism, I'd like
to mention that today was when Sir Maurice Wilkes FRS FReng was born way
back in 1913.

He had a bit to do with EDSAC, microprogramming, and that sort of thing.

And dmmmit, I missed Alan Turing's birthday last Saturday (23rd June, 1912),
and Komrad Zuse's back in 22nd June, 1910, along with the Qwerty keyboard
being patented by one Christopher Sholes back in 1868 (long story).

-- Dave

* Re: [TUHS] Happy birthday, Maurice Wilkes!
@ 2018-07-06  0:41 ` Nemo Nusquam
From: Nemo Nusquam @ 2018-07-06  0:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs

On 06/25/18 22:00, Dave Horsfall wrote:
> As I continue to push the boundaries of subjective topicism, I'd like to
> mention that today was when Sir Maurice Wilkes FRS FReng was born way
> back in 1913.

And I really wish that MIT Press would reprint his Memoirs.

N.