On 12/25/18 7:01 PM, Larry McVoy wrote: > I'm an NFS guy, learned it a bit at uwisc and then a lot more at Sun. > But Sun didn't do the Kerberos stuff, at least while I was there. That sort of surprises me. I guess I had assumed that NFS was Sun centric. Though I shouldn't be surprised that someone else stood on Sun's shoulders and extended NFS. Especially when (I think that) Kerberos MIT centric. > Didn't Kerberos come from MIT? If so, I bet anything that Ted Ts'o > would know the details. My guess is it was part of project athena and > I think that overlaps with Ted. Yo, Ted, Merry Christmas, what about > this Kerberos authentication stuff? :) Thank you for the response Larry. It's amazing what can be learned by participating in the TUHS mailing list & community. :-D -- Grant. . . . unix || die