The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: Steve Jenkin <sjenkin@canb.auug.org.au>
To: TUHS <tuhs@tuhs.org>
Cc: Erik Fair <fair@netbsd.org>
Subject: [TUHS] Re: Research Datakit notes
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2022 07:53:27 +1000	[thread overview]

Erik,

Thanks for the reply & the account of your work.
You seemed to do a lot less work than I saw networking teams forced into.
As you say, “work with it”.

I worked at the ANU for a short time.
They used a Class-B, with address ranges delegated to (many) local admin, but Central IT demanded every device connect to their switch, which allowed them to monitor ports.
I think they’d have a hard time renumbering, my section didn’t even have DHCP.

Here’s the reference I spared the list initially.
Very thin on details. The only more detailed info is a video.

Australia Post's telco transformation named top IT project
		<https://www.itnews.com.au/news/australia-posts-telco-transformation-named-top-it-project-581371>

	Billed as the largest project of its type, the project wrapped up in November last year after more than two years of work to address critical network performances challenges and high operating costs.
	The telecommunication transformation saw the rollout a new software-defined wide area network (SD-WAN) across 4000 sites.

regards
steve j

--
Steve Jenkin, IT Systems and Design