The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: Andrew Hume <andrew@humeweb.com>
To: Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc: UNIX Heritage Society <tuhs@tuhs.org>
Subject: Re: [TUHS] Lions notes, early history
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2020 23:21:57 -0800	[thread overview]

i was a TA for the course which used this as a textbook.
my memory is little faded on this (it was on the other side of my stroke),
but i believe they were perfect bound (cloth strip and glue) and had
two different colors for the covers (i want to say orange and red).
they might have been just stapled but they were thick enough that staples
might have been insufficient.

i certainly remember john printing them off on the DEC printer.

as for the permissions, i can’t recall anything at the time (this was about 45 years ago),
but do remember the fuss at the Labs when Bell Labs started printing their own
high security copies just a couple of years later.

	andrew hume