No, these weren’t seconds updates (though Plan 9 has a list it applies.) These were off-by-one-hour problems at each time shift. There would be a sudden flurry of hard, indignant work, then repeat next time shift. This was in V10 Unix. > On 17Dec 2017, at 11:19 AM, Ron Natalie wrote: > > Year corrections? Don't recall that but there were a bunch of changes to handle the insertion of leap SECONDS over the years. > > -----Original Message----- > From: TUHS [mailto:tuhs-bounces at minnie.tuhs.org] On Behalf Of William Cheswick > Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2017 9:10 AM > Cc: The Eunuchs Hysterical Society > Subject: Re: [TUHS] Date madness > > During my first few years in the Unix room (starting in 1988) there was what seemed like a semiannual flurry of leap year corrections made to research unix. Apparently, there was some aspect that kept misbehaving, with new bugs appearing at the next shift in time. > > I never bothered to investigate the specifics, but it happened over several years. There are probably some on this list who know more details. > > I don’t recall this being a problem on Plan 9. > > ches > >