Evi seems like overkill. By admin, are we really talking about admin, or just standard usage. Ritchie’s install guide and a book like Bourne’s Unix System (my personal favorite) book, or even one of the Kochan books might serve. I know Bourne and Kochan’s books are for later systems, but the bulk of them still apply. The Lion book is a great recommendation. Will Sent from my iPhone > On Oct 29, 2021, at 8:41 AM, Clem Cole wrote: > > much of what Evi says from an administrator standpoint will apply. That said if you are running V6 get a copy of the Lion's text. > > > For real synthesis, maje sure your copy is an nth generation xerographic copy😅. Seriously go to Amazon and get the modern reprint. > >> On Fri, Oct 29, 2021 at 12:02 AM Paul Riley wrote: >> And, as a matter of interest, is there a book for V6? >> >> Paul >> >> Paul Riley >> >> >> >> >>> On Tue, 26 Oct 2021 at 06:28, Scot Jenkins wrote: >>> joseph turco wrote: >>> >>> > I was wondering if there exists a book on Unix administration, specifically >>> > for v7. I have the Unix programmers book already. >>> >>> Introducing the UNIX System, (c) 1983, ISBN 0-07-045001-3 >>> by Henry McGilton and Rachel Morgan >>> >>> The book covers V7 and is a general intro to UNIX. >>> It has one chapter on administration near the end >>> of the book. It covers very basic stuff: >>> >>> * setting the date >>> * startup/shutdown >>> * users and groups, su command >>> * file systems (mkfs, mount, umount, fsck, icheck, ncheck) >>> * adding devices (mknod) >>> * dump, restor, tar >>> >>> Overall though this is still a great book on UNIX in general, >>> even today. Great tutorials on ed, sed, ex, vi, nroff/troff, >>> and ms macros make it worthwhile to own. >>> >>> scot > -- > Sent from a handheld expect more typos than usual