3B20D's that were used for cellular switches used DMERT. I worked for McCaw Cellular (Cellular One) in mid-late 80's. They had several AT&T switches. The monitoring and management system at the NOC in Seattle was developed by BL (I think it was Indian Hill). It was called MFOS and ran on 3B2-400s and used Datakits for networking. On Thu, Dec 1, 2022, 12:54 AM wrote: > Andrew Hume wrote: > > > i was working at building 5 at murray hill in system V development land > > when the first 3B20 arrived. the first order of business? running off to > the > > local Sears store to buy 4 car batteries so it could power up. what a > hoot! > > So what did the 3B20s run when they were being used in a Telco? Unix? > Or some other specialized OS? > > Or was said 3B20 a prototype before they'd been deployed to the Telcos? > > Thanks, > > Arnold >