In mid 80's I worked at Microrim for a short time. There was an effort to port R:Base (in Fortran) to Unix (especially Xenix). There was a Fortune Systems 32:16 machine running For:Pro (v7). It had EFL. I vaguely recall a discussion about going the Fortran->EFL->(might be easier to port to)->C route. I was there to help, but was a greenhorn and way in over my head. On Wed, Jul 6, 2022, 11:17 AM wrote: > Hi. > > EFL was definitely a part of BSD Unix. But I don't see it in the V7 > stuff in the TUHS archives. When did it first appear? Was it part > of 32V and I should look there? > > It is definitely in the V8 and V10 stuff. > > Did anyone actually use it? I have the feeling that ratfor had already > caught on and spread far, and that it met people's needs, and so > EFL didn't really catch on that much, even though it provided more > features on top of Fortran. > > Thanks, > > Arnold >