Thanks, Adam. I've always been proud of that driver. Further credit - 'ned' was written by Dan Walsh (not the Redhat one), and, like vi, it has 'ed' buried in it so all the familiar stuff just works. It's possible to use UTS with ASCII terminals, but the hardware only supports half-duplex, buffered, mode! I suspect it'd be possible to hack the 270x emulator in Hercules to make it appear really full-duplex - then one could add the real 'vi', etc. But that would not be faithful emulation. On Mon, Jun 20, 2022 at 7:56 PM Adam Thornton wrote: > While I know that there are people here who like good old ed...I've been > playing with UTS under VM/370. This version is from 1981 and I think it's > v7. But the important thing is that Tom Lyon wrote a 3270 terminal driver, > and it comes with ned, which is a screen editor that feels a lot like > XEDIT--which wasn't even in CMS at that point, although EE has been added > to the VM370 Community Edition I'm using. And the man pages are fullscreen > as well. > > UTS is very, very usable because of that. This really is a wonderful > terminal driver. > > So, thank you, Tom! > > Adam -- - Tom