On Tue, Jan 11, 2022 at 5:18 PM Larry McVoy wrote: > On Tue, Jan 11, 2022 at 04:48:12PM -0600, Blake McBride wrote: > > 3. A case for their benefit will have to be made and dispersed. > > Well, someone could do what I tried (and failed) to do: make Word > produce high quality eqn/tbl/pic/troff source as their internal > format. > As I said earlier, I despise Word for many reasons. I think making Word, or any proprietary software, do anything as, in the long haul, a waste of time. > > There was such a thing for TeX, can't remember the name, but my > Dad (very computer not savvy) used it to write a book. It was > WYSIWYG but spit out TeX. > Probably LyX . I use it frequently. Blake McBride