On Tue, Jan 11, 2022 at 6:07 PM Jon Steinhart wrote: > Blake McBride writes: > > I suppose #4 was my whole point about both TeX and troff. They're both > > great tools. Perhaps people used them in the past because there weren't > > many other solutions. You had to learn them. These days people prefer > the > > simpler tools such as Word, OpenOffice, etc. Although they can't produce > > the same quality, they can produce sufficient quality with a smaller > > learning curve. Don't get me wrong, I despise Word. I just don't find > my > > feelings echoed very much. Some things TeX and troff are going to need > in > > order to continue: > > I disagree with your characterization that things like Word are simpler > tools. > They're way more complex than troff or TeX, both in code and usability. > We'll have to agree to disagree. --blake