The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] VCF East in May
@ 2019-04-13 22:59 Warren Toomey
From: Warren Toomey @ 2019-04-13 22:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs

Hi all, just to let you know that VCF East in May has some Unix anniversary
events. bwk will be interviewing ken as one of the keynotes. Wish I could be
there!

Details at: http://vcfed.org/wp/festivals/vintage-computer-festival-east/

Cheers, Warren

* Re: [TUHS] VCF East in May
@ 2019-04-19  1:10 ` Robert Swierczek
From: Robert Swierczek @ 2019-04-19  1:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Warren Toomey; +Cc: The Eunuchs Hysterical Society

I will be making the pilgrimage from Virginia and would love to meet
anyone who will be there.

My main interests are compilers and writing simple software (a rarity
these days.)

I contributed a little bit to Warren's project to resurrect Unix on
the PDP-7 by adding a B compiler built from the few remaining scraps
of the byte-code interpreter, run-time, and documentation.

* Re: [TUHS] VCF East in May
@ 2019-04-19  1:52   ` Gregg Levine
From: Gregg Levine @ 2019-04-19  1:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Swierczek; +Cc: The Eunuchs Hysterical Society

Hello!
Warren I do wish you could be as well. I'll be there. Robert, I'd very
much like to meet you there. I'll be there for the Saturday.

In my case it is hardware, working out the possibilities behind what
can be connected to the bus designs that a PDP-11 for example could
use.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8@gmail.com

@ 2019-04-19 10:18   ` arnold
From: arnold @ 2019-04-19 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wkt, rmswierczek; +Cc: tuhs

Robert Swierczek <rmswierczek@gmail.com> wrote:

> I will be making the pilgrimage from Virginia and would love to meet
> anyone who will be there.

If "someone" could record the conversation between BWK & Ken and
make it available (YouTube or othrwise), that'd be really cool. :-)

Thanks,

Arnold

* Re: [TUHS] VCF East in May
@ 2019-04-19 14:29     ` John P. Linderman
From: John P. Linderman @ 2019-04-19 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aharon Robbins; +Cc: The Eunuchs Hysterical Society

I asked Brian if the interview would be recorded and made available to the
public. Here's what he said:

I think so.  I was interviewed there in the same setting a few
years ago and the video is on Youtube (which I hadn't known until
searching for it just now):

   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dxTlU0CB8g

On Fri, Apr 19, 2019 at 6:19 AM <arnold@skeeve.com> wrote:

> Robert Swierczek <rmswierczek@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I will be making the pilgrimage from Virginia and would love to meet
> > anyone who will be there.
>
> If "someone" could record the conversation between BWK & Ken and
> make it available (YouTube or othrwise), that'd be really cool. :-)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Arnold

* Re: [TUHS] VCF East in May
@ 2019-04-22 19:15       ` arnold
From: arnold @ 2019-04-22 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jpl.jpl, arnold; +Cc: tuhs

Thanks for that link. It was an interesting watch.

Arnold