Perhaps I should have said "The Big Enchilada", although I have only second-hand information that that uniquely identified Bob Morris. On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 1:13 PM Steve Johnson wrote: > Not everyone at the labs had a three-letter login. Bjarne Stroustrup had > the login bs, despite several gentle suggestions from myself and others > that he add a middle initial... > Steve > > Sent from my iPhone > > > On Nov 21, 2019, at 5:18 AM, William Cheswick wrote: > > > > BTW, Bob Morris was not a Senior, and had no middle name. It is my > understanding that he inserted an “h” when a middle initial was demanded at > the Labs, hence “rhm”. > > > > His son is Robert Tappan Morris, Labs login and general tag “rtm," is > not a junior. > > > > (I had to fight spelling correction on this Mac so much for this post > that I have turned it off.) > > > >> On Nov 12, 2019, at 8:43 PM, John P. Linderman > wrote: > >> > >> Lorinda Cherry told me that that RTM (senior) used to test people's > programs by feeding them to themselves as input, a.out < a.out. It helped > cure people of the assumption that a program would only see "reasonable" > inputs. > > > >