The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Manuals
@ 2020-04-07 18:10 John P. Linderman
From: John P. Linderman @ 2020-04-07 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Unix Heritage Society

Andrew Hume (andrew@humeweb.com) has had trouble posting this, and asked me
to try. Reply directly to Andrew, not to me.

============================

I have the following manuals available:

3 Eight Edition Unix manuals (2 shrink-wrapped, one not (but still good
condition))
Unix programmers manual, Release 3.0 (Dolotta et al, 1980)
Sixth Edition programmers manual (Bell Labs cardboard cover)
Sixth Edition Documents manual (Bell Labs cardboard cover)
Seventh Edition programmers manual Volume 2a, Jan 1979. (actually documents
such as make, lint, troff etc)
Documents for UNIX, Volume 2 (Dolotta et al, 1981) sections E and F (make,
lex, security etc)

All the above are in pretty good condition, given they are bound in
cardboard covers and are 40ish years old.

I’d prefer to give them to someone archival, but otherwise, first come,
first served.

Andrew Hume

* Re: [TUHS] Manuals
@ 2020-04-07 22:21 ` Dave Horsfall
From: Dave Horsfall @ 2020-04-07 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Eunuchs Hysterical Society

On Tue, 7 Apr 2020, John P. Linderman wrote:

> Andrew Hume (andrew@humeweb.com) has had trouble posting this, and asked
> me to try. Reply directly to Andrew, not to me.

Andrew Hume?  He first came to UNSW when in his final school year (I
think) and quickly outstripped his mentors.  He damned near threw a
keyboard into a screen because of Pascal's proclivity for reading ahead;
doubleplus ungood on an interactive session...

(And yes, I've seen that photo of him wearing a tee-shirt and shorts in
the snow; that's typical of him)

-- Dave