https://starkraving.medium.com/what-is-male-idiot-theory-2efa91d69fd4 ᐧ On Thu, Mar 11, 2021 at 6:36 PM Norman Wilson wrote: > As I remember it, the Facilities folks were so upset about > someone painting stuff on Their Water Tower that a complaint > went to Vic Vyssotsky, then Executive Director of Division > 112 (one step up from Sandy Fraser, who was Director of 1127). > > The story was that Vic and/or Sandy told them that there were > 60 people in the research centre and no way to tell who did it. > > Word was then quietly passed to certain people--Vic and Sandy > in fact knew exactly who--that things were getting out of hand, > please lay off the Peter-face pranking for a while. > > I tried to start a rumour that Vic did the painting, but it > never took off. I hope Vic at least heard it. He'd have > enjoyed the rumour, surely laughed at the prank while knowing > he'd have to calm things down, and 20 years earlier might well > have been involved in something like that. > > It was Vic who, on learning I was a cyclist, urged me to try > cycling on the newly-constructed but not yet open segment of > interstate highway that ran behind the Labs. He apparently > had done so and found it lots of fun. Alas, I never did. > > Norman Wilson > Toronto ON >