On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 4:50 PM Dave Horsfall wrote: > I had a boss once who insisted that all his staff learn "ed", because one > day it might be the only editor available; he was right... > I always suggest it. It means you can use sed and lot of other tools pretty quick. And if you know ed, you can use almost anything close to it. I hated DOS's edlin but if I was stuck it was close enough. Although the famous ? error from the original version was annoying. Truly, I still suggest that any modern user, take Rob and Brian's book and until you can do the exercises without think about it, you really are not yet comfortable with UNIX. I even recommend at least read and looking at the chapter on nroff. Clem