On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 3:18 PM Warner Losh wrote: > > When I worked at The Wollongong Group they were quite specific that they > had their license from V6 days, that it was a one-off that has unusually > favorable terms, and that it was the first licensee. But that may be the > first license to redistribute, rather than the first commercial user to be > licensed... > Possible - as I said ISC might have something also. But V7 was the first generally available redistrbution license. It might have had a few tunable things, but generally it was what everyone had. The per CPU terms was set thinking a computer cost $150K-500K, not $1-2K. > > > I'll see if I can work that in.. Is that the famous '50 patches' or is > that something else? > Yes - the patch tape or 50 changes. > ᐧ