Correct. at was a v7-ism. Trying to put a nicer face on the idea - that is to say, I looked at the "at" command as a user-mode (command) front-end to cron so you didn't have to edit the crontab yourself. The later had been around as a system support idea, since at least 6th edition - maybe 5th. On Tue, Dec 8, 2020 at 1:51 PM Mary Ann Horton wrote: > My V6 manual has cron(VIII) - documentation of /usr/lib/crontab - but no > mention of at. > > This is consistent with my recollection - I first saw at in V7. > > Mary Ann > > On 12/8/20 10:11 AM, ron minnich wrote: > > When I got into Unix in 1976 cron and at were both there. > > > > I got to wondering for no particular reason which came first -- I had > > always assumed cron, but ...? > > > > Anyone know? >