The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: Clem Cole <clemc@ccc.com>
To: Will Senn <will.senn@gmail.com>
Cc: TUHS main list <tuhs@minnie.tuhs.org>
Subject: Re: [TUHS] v7 software
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 20:21:30 -0500	[thread overview]

Joy’s original 2BSD tape will give you UCB Pascal.   For anything else
you'll probably want to find some of the old USENIX tapes.   Warren has
some of them, although I'm not sure he has the complete set.

BTW: The Cooper Union folks got the DEC Fortran to run at one point.   But
it was quite a task, as it involved running a partial PDP-10/TOPS-10 user
space emulator so they could run the DEC BLISS-10 compiler [this was long
before simh].

I also think that ultrix11 binaries will on V7 so there are other language
processors there including ftn. You’ll need to bring the dec linker over
from Ultrix to use them as they output objs that are not the same although
the final output is an a.out.

--
Sent from a handheld expect more typos than usual