On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 6:52 AM Tom Lyon wrote: > The Bell Labs 370 port was different, it was based on running inside of > TSS/370, which was an IBM OS which hardly anyone besides Bells's ESS group > used. > It's funny, I did not learn of it until after CMU discommomission that IBM/TSS system which I broke in on. > > Clem can tell us all about the IBM/Locus port to the 370. > Yeah it was called and would be a product Locus did for IBM (AIX/370) primarily for the University market. It's what the Locus (TCF) book describes. > And maybe there was another IBM port?? > I'm not sure what Amdahl had originally. I had always thought it was based on your original from Princeton. > > Much later, Sun ported Solaris to the Hitachi HDS 370 clones (for > Hitachi), and then to Amdahl clones for Amdahl/Fujitsu. > I heard that had been done, but never knew how well it worked.