On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 4:14 PM, Warren Toomey wrote: > On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 02:46:00PM -0400, Clem Cole wrote: > >> As for Paul's comment about the daemons. Yes, Kirk McKusick who >> actually drew the original BSD daemon with purple sneakers, was wearing >> the infamous blue tee with said logo out walking on the street, as one >> someone else in the party (maybe Sam Leffler) sporting a 10 anniversary >> USENIX shirt in San Antonio many years ago, which has the daemons shown >> top of a PDP-11 with pipes, the null device, et al. He has quite a >> tale of the experience. >> > > The daemons on the PDP-11 with pipes was drawn by Phil Foglio: > https://www.mckusick.com/beastie/shirts/usenix.html > > and this image was the inspiration for the BSD daemon. > ​Indeed. Kirk ended up getting some sort of legal rights for his version of it [don't ask me which - trademark/copyright] . Sadly my wife threw out my Foglio shirt a few years after we were married (one of our first disagreements on the value of 'old' things - which continues today - now she stay out the basement where my museum is😎. In her defense, it was probably 5-6 years old then, had holes and had not worn well. The shirts were very inexpensively made and frankly after 20-30 washings, the red piping on the side had faded and a few more washing the printing started to fall off. ᐧ -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: