On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 2:27 PM, Larry McVoy wrote: > Linux is weird. It's not elegant like the early unix systems, it's > not as well put together if you look at it through unix glasses (and > don't get me started on plan 9 glasses). But it is *useful*. They > favored useful over elegant. I don't think they disliked elegant, > I suspect that many of us would say they didn't have the good taste > to do elegant, whatever. It's useful. I'll take that. And it's > really not that bad. Unless you are grumpy and want a perfect world. > ​I'll accept that and may be add - it's practical and get the job done. Not pretty, but damned good for what you get. That said, I do agree with Ron, it lacks elegance and some of the the "cool" (like monokernel *vs* ukernel which has always pained me a little)​. But useful and practical is hard to argue -- darned glad to have it around. -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: