The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] An Excellent Unix YouTube Video
@ 2019-08-03  0:33 Warren Toomey
From: Warren Toomey @ 2019-08-03  0:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3jOJfrOknA

National Inventors Hall of Fame - NIHF
Published on Feb 18, 2019
Bell Labs colleagues Ken Thompson and Dennis Ritchie developed UNIX,
a multi-tasking, multi-user operating system alternative to the batch
processing systems then dominating the computer industry.

Not sure why I hadn't seen this before :)

Cheers, Warren

* Re: [TUHS] An Excellent Unix YouTube Video
@ 2019-08-03 15:28 ` Clem Cole
From: Clem Cole @ 2019-08-03 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Warren Toomey; +Cc: The Eunuchs Hysterical Society

Thanks, Warren - that was wonderful to watch.  Clem

@ 2019-08-03 17:35   ` David
From: David @ 2019-08-03 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Eunuchs Hysterical Society

Short and wonderful as a complement to 2 very good people.

	David

@ 2019-08-03 17:49     ` Larry McVoy
From: Larry McVoy @ 2019-08-03 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David; +Cc: The Eunuchs Hysterical Society

Couldn't agree more.  And the description of Dennis was spot on
and matches my own interactions with him.  Hell of a nice guy and
willing to help you if you demonstated cluefullness (and from what
I've heard, even without cluefulness).

Thanks Ken and Dennis, it's been one hell of a ride and it is still
going!

--
---

* Re: [TUHS] An Excellent Unix YouTube Video
@ 2019-08-06  6:49 ` emanuel stiebler
From: emanuel stiebler @ 2019-08-06  6:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Warren Toomey, tuhs

On 2019-08-03 02:33, Warren Toomey wrote:>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3jOJfrOknA

> National Inventors Hall of Fame - NIHF
> Published on Feb 18, 2019
> Bell Labs colleagues Ken Thompson and Dennis Ritchie developed UNIX,
> a multi-tasking, multi-user operating system alternative to the batch
> processing systems then dominating the computer industry.
>
> Not sure why I hadn't seen this before :)

Specially, as there is even a paper shown in the video, by some
"Warren Toomey" ;-)