On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 12:10 PM, Larry McVoy wrote: > > The STREAMS stuff never performed well ​Larry is being polite. It sucked.​ ​ It was never designed for it. dmr designed Streams to replace the tty handler. I never understood why the Summit guys insisted on forcing networking into it.​ > and the BSD TCP stack or something > ​ ​ > like it went into Solaris at some point. ​Right. This is one of the places where SVR4 != Solaris I was researching a book a long time ago and looked at this. I had Solaris, SVR4 and some other stuff at the time. Like you bit rot has long set in on the details, but I do remember that the primary thing that Solaris had was support for Sun's threading model and the networking code had to be a first class citizen ​or it was not going to scale. -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: