RR and the ISC products were different. RR was done in Billerica, MA and ran a variant of SunOS [FWIW: some of the RR guys came to Stellar work on the HW team]. ISC did the 386 port for Intel/ATT/IBM much earlier than that. Later, as was pointed out, Sun ended up with the IP when they bought it from Kodak. On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 4:10 AM wrote: > emanuel stiebler wrote: > > > On 2019-07-11 18:50, A. P. Garcia wrote: > > > On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 12:31 PM Clem cole wrote: > > > > > Did Sun have anything to do with that? I seem to recall something > > > called "Interactive Unix" for the 386, possibly marketed by Sun... > > > > "Interactive Unix" was pretty nice back than. > > Anybody remembers ESIX? Still have the document wall for that ... > > > > Cheers > > > > Sun had a '386 based system in early 90s-ish called the Road Runner. > I never saw it. It ran SunOS 4.x and I think was discontinued by the > time Solaris 2.x came along. > > And, I *do* remember ESIX. We used it for our product at a startup > company I worked for. Initially System V R3 based, IIRC, and then > eventually SVR4; I think we saw an improvement moving to the > BSD fast file system. > > Arnold >