On Fri, Apr 9, 2021 at 4:08 PM Al Kossow wrote: > On 4/9/21 1:02 PM, Earl Baugh wrote: > > > And the original CPU boards didn’t have an MMU. > > wrong > > They didn't have a 68010 capable of recovering from page faults > > The original unix shipped on Sun 1's was a Unisoft port. The same > one sold by several other companies that sold the original Sun CPU > design.l > Right on both counts - his base/limit MMU even had a small PID/Context register which was pretty slick at the time. The MMU I created with Roger Bates for the Tektronix Magonia was not that smart and when I first saw it I did a face plant -- why didn't I think of that. ᐧ